DragonFable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DragonFable

The Dragonfable fan forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dns 30 may

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FireDruid
Admin
Admin
FireDruid

dns 30 may Empty
PostSubject: dns 30 may   dns 30 may Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Today Dns

quote:

Preparing for Monday
May 30th, 2008
If our first test is starting on Monday... so *chuckles* as you can imagine, we are running around chaotically waving our hands in the air as servers explode and ethernet cable monsters grab our feet and pull us into the abyss of the server room. Perfectly written code suddenly malfunctions... at one point, we were sure the development server grew its own AI and attempted to turn off the life support system giving us air here in the secret underground lab.

"I am sorry, I cannot do that... Dave..."

Meanwhile, as we desperately hope to have the servers up for even an hour or two on Monday we read your posts on the forums -- hearing how many people are planning to take Monday off of work/school. *gulps* Bad! Bad! Bad! (At least you love this as much as we do)

quote:

What is an Alpha Test?
This seems like a very good time to remind everyone that this is an Alpha Test. It is a construction site with very limited functionality that will be seed from which we grow this new massively multiplayer game. It is by no means a fully functional game. Drop your expectations low... then lower them a bit more. Expect nothing to work, everything to break. Our real goal is to see how many people a single server can handle so we can order some more! What we need is your feedback to know what you would like us to make it do! Because we can make it do anything for you:-)

Dance Dance Ressurection was suggested as an important "bring your friend back to life / dancing" skill.

If you are as excited about this I am Monday could not come fast enough! It has been a while since we did a "play by play" on the homepage. That will start at noon EST. Prepare to watch us crash and burn like an out of control train wreck!

In the mean time, can you help me with some research? AQworlds is based loosely on AQ/DF/MQ. Each game had a brand new release this week (DF's is going live tonight). Play through them and have them fresh in your mind when you help test the MMO. Try to imagine how we can better capture the feel of a single player adventure inside this new massively multiplayer world. AdventureQuest, DragonFable and MechQuest all have unique questing styles... it will be a huge topic of conversation of how to bring the "feel" of those quests into this new MMO.
Back to top Go down
https://dfan.rpg-board.net
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

dns 30 may Empty
PostSubject: Re: dns 30 may   dns 30 may Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm

The servers will be up in Monday only for one or two hours?! THIS IS MADNESS!
Back to top Go down
FireDruid
Admin
Admin
FireDruid

dns 30 may Empty
PostSubject: Re: dns 30 may   dns 30 may Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:40 pm

but its only a stress test so there will be not much to do
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

dns 30 may Empty
PostSubject: Re: dns 30 may   dns 30 may Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Whatever, the AE team will be there! We will be able to talk to Artix!
Back to top Go down
FireDruid
Admin
Admin
FireDruid

dns 30 may Empty
PostSubject: Re: dns 30 may   dns 30 may Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:07 pm

i guess Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hilias
Dragon Master