DragonFable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DragonFable

The Dragonfable fan forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Empty
PostSubject: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 am

Well, I personally hope that Dragesvard will include some minigames, WON'T start with a war and I hope that the Dragonslayer armor will come soon, and it will look like Galanoth's.
Back to top Go down
FireDruid
Admin
Admin
FireDruid

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:38 am

Yeah me 2
Back to top Go down
https://dfan.rpg-board.net
Hilias
Dragon Master
Dragon Master
Hilias

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 am

same here, it would make sence to bring DragonSlayer out earlier so we can own evil dragons
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:45 am

Quote :
so we can own evil dragons

You mean pwn, right?
Back to top Go down
Anoril
Puny Pip Squeak
Puny Pip Squeak
Anoril

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Perhaps he means that as Dragonslayers we'd percieve things differently. Dragons would be evil from our new point of view and we do afterall own dragons ourselves. If indeed we can own such noble creatures.

If we get DragonSlayer armour then Galanoth's would look good. I kinda hope we can poison all the Gryphons, smack Serenity a bit until she updates her map.
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:02 am

@Anoril. Let's hope that the staff won't put a totally different DS armor in, like they did with the Paladin class... And yes, Serenity's map needs updating, a piece of toilet paper is more informative compared to it!
Back to top Go down
Anoril
Puny Pip Squeak
Puny Pip Squeak
Anoril

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:07 am

The Paladin Armour was very disappointing. Artix's looks much better. The Armour we use looks to boxy, too angular compared to the smoothness and grace of Artix's Order.
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:17 am

But really, the AQ paladin is way different, didn't the staff think about it? Or are these future paladins different on purpose?
Back to top Go down
Anoril
Puny Pip Squeak
Puny Pip Squeak
Anoril

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:23 am

Well in theory there are a number of different Paladin Orders. However from what i know about Paladins which isn't a lot they are greatly misrepresented in AE games. Paladins are more like Warrior Monks, they live in Monastaries and the like and pray a lot. The Paladins of DF and AQ are more just Warriors with the power of light rather than having and religious background.
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:28 am

But, like the paladins in AQ, Artix trained us, so we deserve to wear an armor like Artix's. ( And we are getting a bit off topic.)
Back to top Go down
Anoril
Puny Pip Squeak
Puny Pip Squeak
Anoril

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:27 am

Back to Dragonslaying. Dragonslayers are different i think in that there is no organization in this class. All the other classes have some sort of league or official grouping except perhaps Zhoom's Ranger Class. For instance to be a paladin you'd need to join a paladin order, to be a pirate you'd need to join a pirate crew. Galanoth isn't from any league of DragonSlayers. It's something that he himself has chosen to do without instruction.
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:36 am

He said that he is going to recruit Dragonslayers though. He is forming his order right now, so we have to wear a similar armor. And as I have already told, I hope that the armor won't be good only against Dragon-kind enemies and rubbish against anything else, like the paladin class. I hope that it will be balanced, and will be better for free players than the other armors.
Back to top Go down
Anoril
Puny Pip Squeak
Puny Pip Squeak
Anoril

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:11 am

Where did Galanoth get his armour from then? Did he fashion it himself?

I think AE is barking up the wrong tree with their armour thing. I mean first we had the 3 base classes and were promised 3 special classes, Doomknight, Duelist and DragonLord on top of the Guardian Armour that was used to test the armour's functionality. They finally finish the Guardian Armour (give it skills) and then the SnuggleBear thing...
...they've completely forgotton their original intetion of making classes that you can level up in. A warrior shouldn't become a Necromancer in the same way a mage shouldn't become a Pirate.
We wanted to see the Mage class offered different routes for advancement, same for the warrior and rogue. Now these armours are just made to suit the current DF story.
Back to top Go down
Greekpaladin
Admin
Admin
Greekpaladin

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:44 am

Indeed... We need to ballyhoo that a bit in the official forum!
Back to top Go down
lee-24
Dragon Master
Dragon Master
lee-24

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 am

yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.   Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragesvard - Your speculations and hopes.
Page 1 of 1